Saturday, October 29, 2011

Nancy Drew, Vampire Slayer Part One by Stefan Petrucha, Sarah Kinney and Sho Murase

The latest thing to hit River Heights is the supernatural movie "Dielite." George and Bess can’t get enough, but Nancy isn’t so sure it’s her thing. Then the three are attacked in a cemetery by a shadowy figure. It turns out to be a guy with pale skin and a mysterious past. Before long, Nancy is spending all of her time with this new man, Gregor; it’s almost as if she’s under some kind of spell. Ned’s getting impatient, and Bess and George are fearing the worst. Nancy Drew has taken on quite a few mysteries, but is she any match for a… vampire?

I have to confess that I have only a superficial pop-culture knowledge of Nancy Drew. I’ve read only a handful of her books, so I know the general backstory, but that's about it. I picked this book up based on the title alone. It was a fun book, and since I wasn't at all familiar with the series, I had no idea where the story was heading (like, how supernatural is Gregor?) I liked the storyline and the art and I think this would definitely appeal to both an audience that knew and liked Nancy Drew stories as well as one that wasn’t as familiar with her. The story ends on a cliffhanger and is resolved in Part Two (a separate edition).

Read it with:
Nancy Drew, Vampire Slayer Part Two by Stefan Petrucha, Sarah Kinney and Sho Murase
Nancy Drew #14: Sleight of Dan by Stefan Petrucha, Sarah Kinney and Sho Murase
The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene
Twilight: The Graphic Novel Vol. 1 by Stephenie Meyer and Young Kim
Hardy Boys The New Case Files #1: Crawling with Zombies by Gerry Conway and Paulo Henrique

No comments:

Post a Comment