Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Barfed on Mrs. Kenly by Jessica Harper

Cleo has just experienced one of the worst traumas of her life: she barfed on a grownup. Sure, bad and embarrassing stuff has happened to her before, but this is different! How will she ever recover?

I'll be honest: I picked this book up because of the cover. I love the illustration (with its innocence and shock) and Cleo's adorable dress (or possibly a coat? No matter - adorable). The title is awesome and is something that many people could relate to. It's probably inevitable that Cleo will be compared to other girls like Clementine, Junie B., or my personal favourite, Ramona. (Remember when Ramona barfed in her classroom?) I think that Cleo could nicely stand next to any of those girls, especially since the book skews a little lower (good for beginning/newly independent readers) and I'd love to see more Cleo titles.

Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
Uh-oh, Cleo by Jessica Harper
Underpants on my Head by Jessica Harper
Clementine by Sara Pennypacker
Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary
A Place Called Kindergarten by Jessica Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment