Monday, November 7, 2011

The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group by Catherine Jinks

Toby's life was pretty ordinary until the one day he turned up in a dingo pen. He had no idea how he got there or what he was doing there. His mom worried that he was on drugs, doctors thought that maybe he had epilepsy, but a mysterious stranger had a different explanation - that Toby was a vampire. At first Toby decides to play along and make a fool out of this stranger, but before long he realizes that it's no joke. Meeting strange new people, kidnapped into the middle of nowhere, and fighting for his life, ... what will Toby have do deal with next?

I really enjoyed The Reformed Vampire Support Group but it had been awhile since I'd read it; I was afraid that I'd forget key details for this second book. But for a long time it didn't really matter. This book is very much Toby's story; while Reuben Schneider and Father Alvarez appear fairly early on, the rest of the characters play only minor parts in this story. I missed Nina in particular, and her sense of humour; I didn't care much for the antics of Toby and his two best friends. But once the story started focusing on the werewolf side of things and it became more of an action story, my attention was definitely piqued. A solid choice for fans of humorous supernatural stories.

Check out Catherine Jinks' website.

I received an advance review copy from NetGalley (but I ended up listening to an audiobook version).

Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Beat the Band by Don Calame

No comments:

Post a Comment