Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What to Expect When You're Expecting Larvae by Bridget Heos and Stephane Jorisch


Congratulations! You are the parents-to-be of larvae! I'm sure you have lots of questions: what will my larvae look like? How many babies will I have? What will my babies eat? Don't worry; this book will help to explain everything you need to know to take care of the larvae and answer all your questions along the way.

The hook of this book is that it's set up like a parenting book - namely, What to Expect When You're Expecting. But I don't think most pregnancy/parenting books have questions like "will anything eat my [baby]?" There are lots of facts that were either new to me or that I'd long forgotten. Did you know that adult butterflies drink nectar, but their babies eat leaves? Or that male mosquitoes don't drink blood? The facts are fun and informative and the illustrations add to the text but never detract. This is definitely a great resource for classrooms, libraries, and kids looking for more information about the insect world.

I read a review copy from NetGalley.

See more at Bridget Heos' website.

Get more information at Lerner's website.

Find it at Amazon.

Read it with:
What to Expect When You're Expecting Joeys by Bridget Heos and Stephane Jorisch
The Owl and the Pussycat by Stephane Jorisch
Lady Gaga by Bridget Heos
Butterflies by Sara Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment