Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Dog, My Cat by Ashlee Fletcher


This cat and dog are very different. The dog barks; the cat meows. The dog's tongue is wet; the cat's tongue is dry. The dog loves getting wet; the cat hates getting wet. These two can hardly agree on anything. But in the end, they do have some things in common - and most importantly, they both love their owner. I love the bright colours and big illustrations in this book. I sort of wish that there had been a third similarity that they share, so that it had the nice flow that comes from three things in a list, but that's a minor quibble. I can see this book being a good one to use with friends or siblings who are fighting. My Dog, My Cat has a nice message that people (and animals) aren't all the same, but if you try, you can usually find some common ground.

Don't miss Ashlee Fletcher's website - I can definitely see more children's books in her future.

I read an advance copy from NetGalley, courtesy of Tanglewood Press.

Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
My Dog, Cat by Marty Crisp
Chicken and Cat Clean Up by Sara Varon
Chicken and Cat by Sara Varon

No comments:

Post a Comment