Friday, November 5, 2010

Monkey Portraits by Jill Greenburg

The title says it all: this book is filled with portraits of monkeys. I've always been fascinated by monkeys, and this close-up look at their faces just captivated me. The portraits capture emotions and personality in a very effective way. Most of the monkeys shown are show-biz veterans (their names and credits are listed in the back) and that left me wondering how much 'acting' was going on in these pictures and had me thinking about the use of monkeys and other animals on film. I picked up this book right after I finished reading Half Brother, and so I knew that had an effect on me, but this is an interesting book that would be at home on almost any coffee table.

Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
Half Brother by Kenneth Oppel
Me Cheeta by James Lever
Regarding Heroes by Yousuf Karsh
Sock Monkeys by Arne Svenson and Ron Warren
Voices in the Park by Anthony Browne

No comments:

Post a Comment