Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen

This bear has lost his hat, and he wants it back. One by one he asks the other animals if they have seen it, and one by one they tell him know. Then, suddenly, he realizes he knows where his hat is - and how to get it back.

Books like this are why I started using the tag "delightful." I fell for this book the moment I read it. The illustrations are wonderful and the text works with them perfectly. I just love Jon Klassen's style and am so glad that he was able to create a title like this. I can't wait to show this book to everyone I know, but that'll have to wait until the fall (it's scheduled to be released near the end of September, 2011). In the mean time, put it on your to read list and see more of Jon Klassen's work here.

Find it at Random House.

Read it with:
Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
The Great Paper Caper by Oliver Jeffers
Grumpy Bird by Jeremy Tankard

No comments:

Post a Comment