Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fire by Kristin Cashore


Fire is a human monster, born of a human mother and a monstrous father. She can read and control minds, a talent that many would like to exploit. When she can no longer allow her mind to be used against others, she breaks away - and into a dangerous new world.

I was hesitant going into Graceling, and then I loved it, and I was sure that Fire wouldn't be able to live up to it. But then I ended up loving Fire - possibly even more than Graceling. I loved Fire and Brigan just as I loved Katsa and Po. These are relationships that I cared about because the characters were original and complex. Definitely check out these books, even if Fantasy isn't usually your thing. I read Graceling first, because it was published first, but I think you could probably start with either one.

Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Enlightened Sexism by Susan J. Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment