Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Paper Towns by John Green

Margo Roth Spiegelman has always been a part of Quentin Jacobsen's life - including the time, years ago, when they found a dead body. Since then they've been in different social circles, but Q has never been able to get her out of his head. Then, one night, just before their senior year is over, Margo takes him on a nighttime adventure spree - and disappears the next morning. Everyone else is ready to believe that she's run away (again), but not Q, and he's desperate to figure out where she is.

One part mystery, one part romance, one part buddy comedy, one part road trip - this book is made up of so many parts that could go terribly wrong, but it ends up being pretty perfect. It took me a few goes to commit to the novel, but once I found a copy without a girl's face on the cover, I was hooked (I found the other one distracting; the girl on the front did not fit my idea of who Margo Roth Spiegelman was). I shouldn't have let myself get distracted by the cover; I should have known that this, like Green's other books Looking for Alaska and An Abundance of Katherines, would be a book that I would just eat up with a spoon.

Find it on Amazon.

Read it with:
Going Bovine by Libba Bray
Reality Check by Peter Abrahams
Wish You Were Dead by Todd Strasser
Gentlemen by Michael Northrop
13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment