Thursday, March 15, 2012

Zip It! by Jane Lindaman with illustrations by Nancy Carlson

Joe and his dad are ready to run some Saturday errands. But his dad's fly is open! Joe tries to warn his dad, but his dad just won't listen. Now it's getting embarrassing! Will Joe ever be able to get through to his dad?

This was a new spin for me on underwear humour; I'd never seen a book about an open fly before! But it's a topic that easily lends to a lot of funny and embarrassing situations. There was a little bit of suspension of disbelief required while reading it (it really took THAT long to tell his father about the zipper?) and I confess that it took me a while to get what was going on in the pictures (the zipper, the fly). Still, I think this book could easily find an audience among young readers who find the subject matter amusing as well as those who want to examine (or X-amine) the pictures a little more closely.


Check out Nancy Carlson's website.

I received an advance review copy courtesy of Carolrhoda Books.

Find it at Amazon.

Read it with:
My Best Friend Moved Away by Nancy Carlson
Start Saving, Henry! by Nancy Carlson
Read Anything Good Lately? by Susan Allen and Jane Lindaman
Bear in Underwear by Todd H. Doodler
The Underpants Zoo by Brian Sendelbach

No comments:

Post a Comment