Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Fishy Business by Maxwell Eaton III

Ace and Bub are back! This time they're hanging out with their new friends, Bob and Bob, and trying to enjoy some delicious pancakes. But a strange volcano catches their attention - they don't remember a volcano there before. Or a factory that produces Fish Styx - wooden toys that are environmentally friendly! There appears to be a logical explanation for everything, but it all just seems a little off...will Ace and Bub be able to put it all together and get everything back to normal?

I really enjoyed The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Evil Penguin Plan, but I think I liked The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Fishy Business more. Maybe I was more used to the humour and the style; maybe it was because I read it on my Kobo and I read the first on my computer. They're both both very strong books, though. This one was packed with lots of jokes about spokespeople and environmentally-friendly products, visual jokes and callbacks, and a fair amount of action. This is definitely a series that I want to see more of, and I think there are a lot of young readers who will feel the same way.

I received an advance review copy from NetGalley courtesy of Random House Children's Books.

Find it at IndieBound. 

Read it with:

The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Evil Penguin Plan by Maxwell Eaton III
Two Dumb Ducks by Maxwell Eaton III
Binky the Space Cat by Ashley Spires
Midway Monkey Madness by Sarah Hines Stephens and Art Balthazar



No comments:

Post a Comment