Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Flying Beaver Brothers and The Evil Penguin Plan by Maxwell Eaton III

Ace and Bub, the Flying Beaver Brothers, have different interests. Ace wants to practice and the upcoming surfing competition. Bub wants to nap. And then nap some more. But when Ace's surfboard is stolen by some penguins - or are they puffins? No, they're penguins - Ace and Bub are drawn into an evil world of undersea mysteries, world domination, and surfboard theft. Will everything turn out okay? And what about the surfing competition?

I had no idea what to expect with this book when I picked it up (well, technically, I read it on a screen, so I guess I mean "when I clicked on it") and I really enjoyed it. There's a cleverness to the book that comes through in both the art and the text. Pacing is key to this book; jokes last for just the right length, setups are drawn out with the right amount of payoff. While reading this book, I felt I was in the hands of an author and illustrator who knew exactly what he was doing. Plus, it was a fun read! Definitely check this book out.

Find it at IndieBound.

I received an advance review copy from NetGalley courtesy of Random House.

Read it with:
The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Fishy Business by Maxwell Eaton III
Two Dumb Ducks by Maxwell Eaton III
Binky the Space Cat by Ashley Spires
Midway Monkey Madness by Sarah Hines Stephens and Art Balthazar

No comments:

Post a Comment