Sunday, January 22, 2012

Again! by Emily Gravett

A little dragon loves one story so much that he just wants to hear it again and again. Reach the end? Again! No more words? Again! Time for bed? No - again! And you should watch out, because if he doesn't get his way, there's no telling what could happen!

Emily Gravett is so ridiculously talented that there are almost no words for it. She's one of my absolute favourite picture book authors/illustrators and I love seeing how what she comes up with each time. I picked this book up on the strength of her name alone. The illustrations are playful and appealing and the story (of a story that gets shorter and shorter as patience gets thinner and thinner) is one that I think both kids and adults will relate to. It would work as a lap book but I think also as a storytime pick. I don't want to give too much away, but please - if you see this book, don't turn it over and start reading the back cover. Just start reading the book. That's what I did and was so happy that I did.

Also check out Emily Gravett's website.

Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
Little Mouse's Big Book of Fears by Emily Gravett
Blue Chameleon by Emily Gravett
Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein

No comments:

Post a Comment