Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Royal Christmas by Lisa Ann Marsoli

Join these four Disney princesses in four holiday stories about celebrating Christmas. Ariel has bought perfect Christmas presents, but they've gone missing! Aurora wants to have a homemade Christmas with her aunts. Cinderella is planning a big holiday event, but people aren't quite sure what she's up to! Tiana has created a beautiful holiday party...but who's the mysterious stranger?

This was really my first time getting a good look at what a Disney Princess book is like. I grew up with Ariel, Cinderella, and Aurora (Tiana is new to me) and there were Disney movies with princesses, but there wasn't the whole Disney Princess merchandising engine as it exists today.  My favourite of the four stories as probably Ariel's, as The Little Mermaid remains as my favourite animated Disney feature. I felt a strange happiness in knowing that she could spend the holiday with her family AND Prince Eric (although I did spend a fair amount of time looking at her massive eyes and wondering if they made her appear childlike; not helping this was the frequent way in which she seemed to be ducking her head and looking up at people). I can easily see this being a hit with young Princess-hungry readers. If you're looking for a richly illustrated picture of royal bliss, particularly about the holidays, this could definitely be the book for you.

Find it at IndieBound. 

Read it with:
Wishes Come True by Lisa Ann Marsoli
Happily Ever After... by Lisa Ann Marsoli
Disney's The Little Mermaid by Amy Edgar

No comments:

Post a Comment