Friday, December 2, 2011

I Spy a Christmas Tree by Jean Marzollo and photographs by Walter Wick

The I Spy books work on a brilliantly simple concept: here's a photograph - can you find certain images? I have such fond memories of pouring over these books as a child, and few contained as many memorable spreads as I Spy Christmas: A Book of Picture Riddles. I Spy a Christmas Tree takes those original images and resizes them, zeroing in on certain sections of the bigger pictures. The riddles are shorter and the objects are easier to find; even the book itself is a different size (smaller and more compact). This one is great for kids, particularly beginning readers, to hold and explore on their own, but for the ultimate I Spy experience, make sure to check out the original, too.



Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
I Spy Little Hearts by Jean Marzollo
I Spy a Candy Cane by Jean Marzollo
I Spy Little Christmas by Jean Marzollo
I Spy Christmas: A Book of Picture Riddles by Jean Marzollo

No comments:

Post a Comment