Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wildthorn by Jane Eagland

Lucy Childs. They tell her her name is Lucy Childs. But she knows her name is Louisa Cosgrove, and she does not belong in Wildthorn, the madhouse where they are keeping her. Why is she locked up? Why was she taken from her old life? And is there a chance...that they might be right?

One of the scariest things for me to think of would be to have others not believe who I am, to be telling the truth and to have others thing I'm insane. That chilling premise is what prompted me to pick up Wildthorn. The book delivered on the promise of a taut mystery that kept me reading to find out exactly how all of the pieces fit together. There's also a romantic element to the book, too, as Louisa becomes closer to one of the girls who works in Wildthorn. Definitely a great read, and you don't need to be a fan of historical fiction to enjoy it.

Find it at IndieBound.

I read an advanced copy at NetGalley.

Read it with:
The Twin's Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets by Nancy Springer
Jane by April Lindner
Second Best by Jane Eagland
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly

No comments:

Post a Comment