Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

Two years have passed since we last left Belly, Jeremiah, and Conrad. Belly and Jeremiah have been dating and are now at the same university. They seem to have a perfect relationship...and have decided to get married. But little cracks show that it might not be so great a relationship after all. And then there's Conrad. Will Belly ever be able to give her whole heart to Jeremiah? Will she finally become Mrs. Fisher? And if she does...who's the groom?

I really enjoyed The Summer I Turned Pretty; it's a great summer, beachy read. I thought that It's Not Summer Without You built on the characters and was a good sequel. Something about We'll Always Have Summer, though, seemed...off. As I was reading, I wondered if Belly had ever considered getting some counseling. She definitely has issues with intimacy, relationships, self-esteem, her family...I'd even settle for some career counseling. Anything to get her thinking about herself, as a person, and not as a player in some Jeremiah/Conrad drama. Seeing her on her own on the cover gave me hope for Belly, and this kind of bore out at the end, but getting there was hard. Jeremiah and Conrad, like always, were fascinating characters.

Find it at Amazon.

I read a Simon and Schuster Galley Grab copy.

Read it with:
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
Summer Sisters by Judy Blume

No comments:

Post a Comment