Monday, April 25, 2011

Jane Austen: A Life Revealed by Catherine Reef

Jane Austen's life and work are explored in this biography that draws on what we know - and what we don't know - about the famous writer. I can't think of too many other books about Jane Austen for a youngish set. Is this because people don't usually read her books until university? What other high school-level works are there out on Jane Austen? I'm not too familiar with any others, but I feel confident that this book could stand alongside any of them.
Reading this book made me want to read all of Austen's work (some again, some for the first time), and I think for a book like this, that's one of the highest ways to praise it. This book would work for people who have read and enjoyed Jane Austen as well as inspire those who haven't yet discovered her.

Find more at IndieBound.

I read an advance copy of the book from NetGalley.

Read it with:
Jane Austen by Carol Shields
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Sir Charlie by Sid Fleischman
Sigmund Freud: Pioneer of the Mind by Catherine Reef
The Extraordinary Mark Twain (According to Susy) by Barbara Kerley

No comments:

Post a Comment