Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood

There are many different kinds of quiet: happy quiet, nervous quiet, sad quiet, sleepy quiet. These cuddly animals demonstrate all the different quiets that one might find from morning to night.

This book just made me smile. I'm a sucker for cute, cuddly animals, especially baby ones, in picture books (I loved Renata Liwska's illustrations and the book design in general). And I also like quiet. I think my favourite kinds of quiet are 'just before drifting off to sleep quiet,' 'reading a good book quiet' and 'processing news quiet'. Everyone has their own quiet moments, so it's a great book for lots of people, especially if you want to talk with kids about why people aren't noisy all of the time.


Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
Let's Do Nothing by Tony Fucile
Five Minutes' Peace by Jill Murphy
A Visitor for Bear by Bonny Becker
Little Panda by Renata Liwska

No comments:

Post a Comment