Monday, May 10, 2010

Think Again by JonArno Lawson

This collection of poetry from a Canadian author (and a Canadian illustrator) follows a young couple as they meet, are together, and then go their separate ways. I was thinking of doing a review in poetry, but somehow my efforts just seemed disrespectful. Most of the poems in this collection are four lines long with various rhyme schemes, perfect for dipping in and out or reading from cover to cover. I just adore Julie Morstad's illustrations. I thought they were a perfect balance to the poetry and would really help poetry newcomers to connect ideas, themes, and emotions together. This would be a great book to give to a teen (or tween) who loves and/or writes poetry or lyrics, but also a good book to share with someone who thinks that poetry isn't for them.

Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
So Cool by Dennis Lee
When You Were Small by Sara O'Leary
Where You Came From by Sara O'Leary
A Voweller's Bestiary by JonArno Lawson
I Can't Keep My Own Secrets edited by Smith Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment