Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Me Hungry by Jeremy Tankard


(This week I'm doing my first series, and it's books that I found delightful. I mean this in the best possible way: books that filled me with delight. This came about organically; I realized I was using 'delightful' to describe a lot of the books I was using, and rather than reaching for a thesaurus I'm going to embrace it.)

This little boy is hungry - but his parents are too busy to find him some food. He decides to go off on his own adventure to find something to eat, but it's not as easy as it looks! He tries different approaches, but in the end he might have found something even better than food.

Jeremy Tankard's illustrations are what really set this book apart. The detail, the colouring, and the expressions give it an extra dimension. The text is simple and repetitive and perfect for toddlers. And the fact that the little boy's name is Edwin just tickled me with delight. Definitely keep an eye out for this one.





Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
Tall by Jez Alborough
Grumpy Bird by Jeremy Tankard
A Good Day by Kevin Henkes
Ug: Boy Genius of the Stone Age and His Search for Soft Trousers by Raymond Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment