Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute by Jarrett J. Krosoczka

What do Lunch Ladies do when they're not serving lunch? Probably something not too exciting. They definitely don't fight crime, they don't have secret crime-fighting gadgets, and they don't take on armies of robots, do they? Wrong! As Jarret J. Krosoczka's graphic novel shows, this Lunch Lady doesn't just serve up lunch - she also serves up justice! When a suspicious new substitute teacher shows up, the Lunch Lady is on the case, and she won't rest until she gets to the bottom of everything!

I loved the art and humour in this book. The drawings reminded me of 1990s ABC Saturday morning cartoons, so there was a nice nostalgic element for me, but they weren't dated - they still looked fresh and exciting. Amy Poehler is attached to star in a big screen adaptation of the books, and this excites me so much. Maybe it was because I knew this going in, but I could definitely hear her saying some of the Lunch Lady's lines. I think it's a great fit, and I can't wait to see how it turns out - and I can't wait to read the next book in the series (it has librarians!).


Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
Babymouse #1: Queen of the World by Jennifer L. Holm and Matt Holm
Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
Punk Farm by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
The Cafeteria Lady from the Black Lagoon by Mike Thaler

No comments:

Post a Comment