Friday, September 10, 2010

Brontorina by James Howe

Brontorina has a dream: she wants to be a dancer! She has her heart set on joining a ballet class, but the teacher isn't convinced. Brontorina is so tall that she hits her head on the ceiling, and she's so large that no one in the class will be able to lift her! Plus, she doesn't have any ballet shoes. But just when Brontorina thinks that all hope is lost, there just might be a chance for her to dance after all. I think I loved this book so much because I was a bit of a Brontorina when I was little, and it definitely had a long-lasting impact on me. With colourful but gently effective illustrations, Brontorina is a sweet story about not letting your body limit what you want to do and how important it is to follow your dreams. I think it's a great addition to the 'unlikely dancing animals' books that are already out there.

Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae
Cats Night Out by Caroline Stutson
Elephants Cannot Dance by Mo Willems
Frank Was a Monster Who Wanted to Dance by Keith Graves
Cha-Cha Chimps by Julia Durango

No comments:

Post a Comment