Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sky-High Guy by Nina Crews


Jack and his action figure Guy are quite a pair! They love to team up and have great adventures. But when Guy gets stuck in a tree, will Jack be able to get him down? Is this the end of Jack and Guy's adventures?

Imagination is one of the main characters in this book; the whole story either celebrates the characters' imagination or engages in 'what if?' thinking. The photographs that accompany the story could be great for children who respond to more realistic imagery. There's also a nice message about brothers and cooperation. I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, but it took me right back to when I was playing with my own 'action figures' (Barbies, in my case) and how much fun I had.

Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
Below by Nina Crews
Look Book by Tana Hoban
The Toys Go Out by Emily Jenkins
Monkey and Me by Emily Gravett
Mattland by H. J. Hutchins

No comments:

Post a Comment