Saturday, July 24, 2010

Party by Tom Leveen

The quiet girl that's hiding a big secret. The football star. The guy who works at the pizza place. The girl holding it all together. The guy looking to hook up. The guy who was just dumped. The girl who dumped him. School's out for summer, and they're all heading to the same party.

People never experience the same thing in the same way, so Tom Leveen tells this story through everyone's eyes. Each character gets a chapter to explain what they saw and what they did. Characters make appearances in other chapters, of course, because they're all part of the story. I really love this idea and structure for a book. Some of the characters got to me more than others, but I kept reading because I need to know what happened to everyone - at least on this one night.

Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
The Party, After You Left by Roz Chast
I Am Invited to a Party by Mo Willems
House Party by Eric Walters
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Blue Plate Special by Michelle D. Kwasney

No comments:

Post a Comment