Thursday, April 5, 2012

I Dream of an Elephant by Ami Rubinger

Dreams can be wonderful things. You never know what you might dream about. For example, you might dream of an elephant that's blue, dancing and jumping the whole day through. Or you might dream of an elephant that's yellow (he's a popular fellow). There's no end to the marvelous things that you can dream! Visual cues and predictive text help kids to figure out the answers; this book practically screams out to be used in storytimes. I was reminded a touch of the elephant dream sequence/trip in Dumbo, with the elephants in such wild colours, but while that was known to scare young viewers, I think that this book will excite and delight them.

See more of Ami Rubinger's work at his website.

I received a review copy from NetGalley courtesy of Abbeville Press.

Find it at IndieBound.

Read it with:
Big Cat, Small Cat by Ami Rubinger
Dog Number 1, Dog Number 10 by Ami Rubinger
I Broke My Trunk by Mo Willems
Ten Nine Eight by Molly Bang

No comments:

Post a Comment